1. If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories, then you know that I spent the past couple of days on a rage rollercoaster over jury duty. I’ve never made it to the point where I was put through the selection process before, and wow what a experience that has been. I could not believe how much time was wasted waiting for people to get there. The judge told us when to arrive and how long breaks were, yet every time there were people who weren’t on time. And we couldn’t enter the courtroom until we were all present. I was not annoyed during the breaks in general because I know the attorneys and judge were taking care of their business while we were out, but the fact that we wasted so much time waiting for people to come back from their 15 minute break was infuriating. And, I get to enjoy it all again on Monday when the trial starts. Yay!
I’m just super pissy because my parents are flying in next week and I took two days off of work to spend time with them, but now I am likely going to be stuck on mother f-ing jury duty with people who think it’s fine to waste large periods of time arguing with the judge about the existence of bias and whether or not philosophically humans in general should ever be on a jury. NOW IS NOT THE TIME.
2. It took me a few times to really get into this song, but now I can’t stop listening to it. If I ever get to go for a run again, then this will be a great one for my playlist!
3. Daylight saving time begins early on Sunday morning! I hate springing forward.
4. I watched Red Sparrow this week and I was not a fan. It seemed like they got Jennifer Lawrence on board, then someone tried to figure out all the ways they could get her in various states of naked. Scenes that were not sexy at all (rape, attempted rape, and torture) were filmed in a sexy way which made me extremely uncomfortable. Like here’s some generous side boob while we douse her in freezing water! On a lighter note of complaint, the accents were inconsistent and sketchy, and the wig work was SO BAD. I don’t understand how hair pieces are so hard for big budget movies. Her bangs were almost the end of me. Also, she bleaches her hair at home, then GOES SWIMMING IN A POOL right after. Did a woman even work on this film?? I think all the money went to boob shots. This is a movie by dudes for dudes.
5. Ol’ Lyin’ Liar Trump has reversed his promise to uphold the ban on importing elephant hunt trophies after there was an outcry over a reversal in November. As you can imagine, we can thank NRA lobbyists in part for this.
I like to donate to the Elephant Crisis Fund which funds anti-poaching, anti-trafficking, and demand reduction projects around the world. In 20016, they invested $4.5 million on these efforts worldwide.
6. Jack White’s new song sounds like the backup vocals are by a band of ghosts. Couldn’t you see them singing in A Nightmare Before Christmas?
7. Thank you to Rebekah who alerted me to the confirmation of the Call Me By Your Namesequel. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need an Elio and Oliver sequel for about ever five years of their lives please.
8. Gary Janetti’s Instagram account is still one of the greatest joys of my life.
10. Michael B. Jordan is the first major actor to announce that his company will use an Inclusion Rider on their films. He just keeps getting better and better.
They seem more like good friends, but they sure would make a gorgeous couple and make some truly beautiful babies. THINK ABOUT IT, KIDS.