And I’ve got nothing.
At long last, I finally made it through a weekend without drinking wine and eating loads of crap.
Some people might scoff at that as an accomplishment, but breaking habits can be hard. I felt like quite the Grandmaster of Health when I didn’t eat half a package of Oreos while watching endless hours of season 7 of Doctor Who on Friday.
I don’t know who trapped him in there, but he can hop in a TARDIS and come over any time he pleases.
On top of not eating cookies, I even exercised each day. Things are getting out of control over here. When I wasn’t running and trying not to order a large cheese pizza for one, I was reading. I decided to start over reading Clash of Kings even though I was halfway through because I was reading at such a sporadic and glacial pace that I was completely unfamiliar with the scene that I opened to on Saturday. I spent so much time reading it this weekend that spending Monday outside of Westeros was a bit depressing.
I thought it would be a good idea to actually leave the safety of my apartment, so the pool seemed like a safe place to venture out to. Unfortunately, I dozed off while laying on my stomach, so now my back and the left side of my face are a really gorgeous shade of red. The sad part is that I hadn’t even been drinking. Full-blown sober pass out. So, now, half of my forehead is peeling. That’s super sexy for sure. I had generously applied sunscreen before laying down, but apparently this skin can’t take more than 20 minutes of direct sunlight. Good times.
At least I got some sleep. A day and a bottle of aloe vera later, I settled in for the GoT finale. I know a lot of people were underwhelmed, but I was happy with it. I learned never to break a wildling’s heart and I can’t wait to see if Stannis ever leaves that damn room next season. Seriously, he gets out less than I do. Also, I need the Hound to get more screen time because he never fails to bring the humor to a grim situation. Additionally, I’m probably not going to be able to eat sausage for a very long time. That Theon ruins everything.
Although I was disappointed that nothing crazy happened on Mad Men (I mean really, it’s shocking that Sally didn’t come across that situation sooner), I finally found a reason to empathize with Pete Campbell.
Alone and without cereal, that is pretty rock bottom. My heart goes out to ya, Pete.
I watched Devil Wears Prada this weekend because I have that blue sweater that Andy is wearing that they all make fun of and it gives me hope that one day Stanely Tucci will swoop into my life like a bald fashion angel and save me from myself (my apologies for that sentence since I know you’re probably trying to attack your computer screen with sharpie right now). Anyway, on to the point, I totally forgot how amazingly gorgeous James Holt is.
That’s a really nice face right there. The more I stare at it, the harder it is to look away.
1. Just in case you’ve somehow missed it, please enjoy the best video ever:
Cats are such victims. Everyone is so mean to them.
“Murdery” is such a great word. I need to find a way to work that into a conversation today.
3. I’m going to read all the GoT books so I can be a smug jerk too. I want to be the person making this face next season:
4. It’s Sansa Stark and Neville Longbottom. Have we all died and woken up in some kind of amazing alternate nerd universe?
5. I thought Man of Steel came out today. It does not. One more week sweet Henry, one more week.
6. In case you are really really good looking, there’s a job site for beautiful people only. I jokingly (emphasis on the joking part) told a coworker that I would obviously be joining and she laughed at me. And not like “hahahah you’re funny,” but more “hahahah as if.” Excuse me?
Did you watch that? I haven’t watched MTV in forever, but “True Life: I’m too Beautiful” was so amazing in the worst ways.
7. A theory on what Don’s hallucinations might mean from last week’s Mad Men episode (maybe some spoilers, but who knows?). After reading that, I feel like I’m the most oblivious person on earth. I never notice anything. This Sunday night is shaping up to be especially traumatic.
8. This makes me so happy.
I’d want to hang out with them if hippos weren’t such freaking scary animals.
9. Good morning.
10. These bookstore employees udnerstand how to practically arrange their books.
12. I did squats last night for the first time in a few weeks. Gooooood lawwwwwddddddd.
Man, I miss that show (even though I don’t miss the frequent alien-themed nightmares).
13. Booze might be getting a nutritional label. This is really going to make it hard for me to drink in blissful ignorance. Of course this 24 ounce frozen margarita with a sugar-coated rim only has 200 calories…
14. Jason Stackhouse will be back in my living room in only one week. This is very very good news.
15. Yesterday, I realized that I am absolutely terrible at comforting someone who is sad. I just start crying too. I just get so sad that they’re so sad.
That is not helpful at all. The only other things I can think to do are hugging them or taking them food. So other than forcing contact or casserole on them, what do you do!!!!