1. Ray LaMontagne is coming to Austin in August and I have tickets!!! I’m so damn excited. He has gotten me through so many dark and emotional times. Like every year when I realize I can’t buy Thin Mints anymore. He is the soundtrack to my feelings.
2. I’m also super excited because it’s actually an indoor show. It seems like every time someone wants to do a show in August some asshole decides it should be outside in the grass. It’s like 400 degrees in August, let’s go where there’s air conditioning and we don’t all have to risk heat stroke to hear some tunes. I’m not a good person when I’m overheated.
3. I have been marginally functioning for the past two weeks. My body’s decision not to sleep combined with a general apathy for everything that isn’t TV-related has ended in two weeks of buns and dark circles. I’ve just felt so incredible lazy and I have no idea why. It’s like March came and I just gave up.
4. I cannot wait for this. I’m going to need so many tissues.
So many beautiful men in one movie. I won’t even know what to do.
5. Many moons ago I traveled to the far and distant land of Orlando and visited the world that is Disney. While there, I had dinner at a restaurant called Raglan Road and had a life-changing experience. I ate bread dipped in Guinness Dipping sauce. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, you can make this sauce yourself and dip your bread in it. You won’t be sorry. I’ve made it probably five times and have yet to screw it up (and when they say DO NOT WALK AWAY from the pot, you do not walk away. That stuff boils over crazy fast and makes a really nice little fire), so you will totally be fine. Recipe for Irish soda bread and the dipping sauce can be found here. You are welcome.
6. I was about 95 kinds of excited for the new Peter Pan movie because Hugh Jackman is going to be playing a bad guy and an evil Hugh sounds fabulous. But, they’ve cast Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily. Uh. Tiger Lily is a Native American princess. Rooney Mara is a white lady. A super super super white lady. Like, perhaps the whitest of the white ladies. Bit of a casting failure there.
That’s really unfortunate.
7. This time change has made me angry and sleepy and when I’m sleepy I’m mean. I can’t believe I still have a job.
8. I signed up for tickets for the tapings of Jimmy Kimmel in Austin this week. I didn’t get any, but they send me at least four emails every day to remind me that it’s still sold out and I still didn’t get a ticket. Thanks, I got it. I’m a loser.
9. Are you watching The Cosmos??? NdGT is so fantastic!!! The part with Sagan’s calendar gave me all the feels.
Really puts my idiotic problems into perspectives. One tiny bubble in an infinite ocean of universes really made my frustration with my overcooked chicken seem absurd.
10. Tilda Swinton is still the best. The best of the best at all the things. She was in Austin last week. We totally were breathing the same air.
Holding the rainbow (gay rights) flag in Russia: “Well, Russia has the gayest president ever. No, that’s an offensive thing to say—not to him, but to the gay community.”
11. “Magic the Gathering” buttcrack selfies. I would totally date this dude. The perfectly placed hands and pensive gaze get me every time.
12. The 7 Stages of Breaking Up as Illustrated by Animals. Scary accuruate.
STAGE 1: SHOCK AND DISBELIEF
Oh, you thought you were happily dating someone? NOPE SORRY. Turns out they need space/to find themselves/to focus on their career/to wash their hair/whatever.
13. If you put this bar in the refrigerator, then it tastes a lot like sugar cookie dough when you eat it. I swear. I would never lie to you about food.
The other flavors are delicious too, but this one is so damn tasty.
14. Video of the Cumberbomb!! I love how he zeroes in on the situation and makes it happen.
I love silly people so much.
15. Ides of March tomorrow! Watch yo back bitches.