1. Today is my little sister’s 26th birthday. Happy Birthday Sari! And to make all things about me, I now have to officially quit telling people I am 25. Her birthdays are always so hard on me.
She never does what I tell her to do. Stubborn jerk.
2. Twilight was still awful, but not nearly as terrible as I expected. It was far more enjoyable than the previous four movies because there was significantly less Kristen Stewart exercising her wide range of emotions.
Also, the ending totally got me. I don’t really remember the books because it’s been fourish years since I read them (I know, the shame. But, when I commit to a series I will be damned if I don’t finish it regardless of my interest in it.), but I was pretty sure that was not how they ended. That crappy CGI baby was the creepiest thing ever. I just don’t understand why that choice was made.
3. Some of y’all were super rude about Tom Selleck yesterday. We don’t appreciate it.
4. I ran last night for the first time in a week. That was special. The humidity and warm temperatures did not help. Thankfully, a cool front is blowing in tonight, so I’m looking forward to a better experience tomorrow. I took home all of my running stuff and fully intended to get some running in. I just don’t even know where the time went. We were busy all day every day, my mom just loves to keep the agenda packed when we are home. I also can’t run in the early morning or at dusk because it is deer season and I sure don’t want the Dick Cheney treatment. So that just did not even happen. Luckily, I didn’t eat 75,000 calories. Yep, good thing that didn’t happen.
5. I ate 75,000 calories. Guess what? That’s not a good idea. I have felt like I was on the verge of death since Thanksgiving. And I ate pie and cookies. I loved them. They were super delicious. In my defense, the cookies were peanut butter with Hershey Kisses gently nestled into their soft and chewy center. Who could say no to that?? No one. And if you say you could, then you are an alien or a liar.
I also learned a really fun lesson that when you eat sugar after a couple of weeks off of it, it hurts you. It hurts you bad. I was lethargic, my stomach hurt, and I had a raging headache. Obviously, that will not be a hard enough lesson to keep me away from sugar long-term, but it does re-enforce that I should continue eating less. So I will continue with my no sugar plan for the next two weeks and see how it goes. In the meantime, I will eat all the vegetables and buckets of oatmeal in an effort to feel human again.
6. I am really really pissed that this Sunday is the mid-season finale for The Walking Dead. OUTRAGED. Part of me doesn’t even want to watch because I know it will be the same brand of breathless cliffhanger like the barn zombies last season. My heart can’t handle it. Okay, I’m totally going to watch it because I have no self-control, but I will be outraged for the entire length of the show and for the next few months. Take that AMC.
Also, how badass was Glenn?
And the scene between Maggie and the Governor was the most terrifying and stressful scene I’ve ever experienced on this show. I thought I was going to throw up the entire time. Andrea sure knows how to pick them.
Let’s leave on a positive note with Daryl’s raging biceps: