1. On Wednesday night I picked up Lisa @ A Day for a friendly lady date. She’s in town for a conference, so naturally I made her hang out with me. We hit up Surf Club and had a fantastically nerdy evening. I failed to take a single picture because I was too busy eating fries and talking about bears, looters of historical artifacts, and running. So here is a picture of Lisa being a weirdo from her blog:
2. How to tie your shoes. Apparently, those extra holes aren’t just superfluous decor.Thanks Christine for sharing that, I had no idea.
3. A few weeks ago I watched Long Island Medium. And then I didn’t sleep for the entire night and I swear to God something touched my back. I don’t normally watch shows like that because I’m actually afraid of ghosts (as opposed to KE$HA who has sex with them. So if you’re in a relationship and have paranormal ghost sex, is that cheating? I mean, they can’t prove it…). I’m scared of a lot of things, but ghosts and aliens rank really highly on the list. So, when I saw this I laughed and then I shuddered because what if it’s true…
4. This week has been the best weather in the history of this city. It hasn’t been hella windy and the mornings have been in the 60s. I almost thought I needed a jacket on Wednesday morning. I’m not even joking.The humidity has also been super low despite the temperatures being in the high 80s each day. I’ve been in such a good mood about it that I think my co-workers are starting to worry that I’m plotting something evil because they keep telling me that I’m in a “suspiciously and frighteningly good mood.” Jeez people, I’m just really excited to not be sweaty, just enjoy it while it lasts.
5. Thank you Victoria for this, it’s so very true.
6. A nice little article on how to fail gracefully as an academic administrator.
That reminds of the worms on Tremors. Terrifying.
8. People keep bringing me bags of Reese’s Pumpkins. At first I was really happy because who doesn’t want pounds and pounds of Reese’s Pumpkins at their disposal? But, now I’m realizing that I can’t handle them. They scream at me all day. I’ll admit that this is a pretty great problem to have, but I kind of need my pants to keep fitting. I guess I could try that “moderation” thing, but I don’t understand why you would only want to eat one or two pumpkins a day? What is this insanity? I’ve obviously chosen not the make this choice yet.
That’s a hipster vampire Reese’s in case you were wondering. He’s keeping it hip with the ‘stache and nerd glasses. I don’t know. Forget you ever saw that. I’m sorry.
9. What Your Worst Fear Says About You. I had a hard time deciding which was actually my worst fear, it was a three-way tie between bears, public speaking, and an armed man in my room. After careful consideration and several imaginary scenarios, definitely the man in my room evokes the greatest feeling of doom. Humans are far more terrifying than animals. Unless we are talking about sharks, sharks win every time.
Who else wakes up screaming when they hear something go bump in the night because they’re convinced they’re going to see a man at the end of their bed holding a knife? All of us? It’s probably a sign you watch too much Law and Order SVU. But it’s a good show. This fear is just the price you pay.
10. I finally got around to watching to season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy last night. WTF was that???? I mean, seriously??
11. I’m so jealous that I wasn’t invited to Stanley Tucci’s wedding. He seems so fun.
13. 23 Moments From You Childhood That Always Make You Cry. Actually, don’t click on that. I got choked up on several of them. I still can’t watch The Fox and the Hound, once was too much for me.
They forgot that scene from Robin Hood with all of the sad little jailed rabbits and Otto. That was heart wrenching.
14. I’m looking forward to a low-key weekend with nothing but the two things that make me truly happy.
15. Welp, I’ve got some cereal calling my name that I need to attend to. Have a fantastic weekend!