1. So I’m still in a bad mother effin’ mood this week. I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with the collision of my apathetic mood about life and the lady week from hell. I just need to go Karen Walker at it this weekend.
Thank God for W&G reruns on Lifetime.
2. Speaking of things concerning lady hell week, Pfizer has recalled 1 million birth control packs because the pills may have gotten mixed up in the packet. Sooooo that’s terrifying. I take one of the brands in the recall and thankfully I’ve not been at risk of impregnation for several months… sorry for the overshare… moving on… Regardless, that is a damn scary problem.
Poor Ethel was born half a century too early to get her fun times on safely. High-five for household population control methods.
3. It makes me cringe to high heavens when the women on The Bachelor talk about giving everything up (aka their career) to be on the show. That would be a giant red flag to me. I understand that you have to take risks and chances in life, but doing so to go on a television show to compete against 25 other women for one dude with horrific hair just seems like a bad life decision. And oh Elyse, how can you be 24 and have accomplished all the things you wanted? That makes me so sad for her. Get some dreams sister.
4. This video really made me laugh. I could use these girls.
5. I finally got to see the trailer for the new Wes Anderson film Moonrise Kingdom. I feel like I’ve been waiting for years for this movie to finally come out. I still have to wait until May, but at least we finally got a peak!
6. I have a long and tragic history with cooking chicken. I can fry it and that is about the only way it doesn’t come out tasting like dried rubber. But, last week Smitten Kitchen posted this Buttermilk Roast Chicken recipe. I have made it every single night since then. I have jugs of buttermilk in my fridge. I always use buttermilk when frying chicken, but I would have never thought about baking chicken that has been soaked in it. Simply brilliant. It is so moist and has such a rich flavor, I cannot quit eating it. So if chicken if your thing, give it a try because it is so delicious.
7. Viola Davis knocked it out of the ballpark again at the SAG Awards. She is so gorgeous. I want to wear her skin. She obviously puts the lotion on it.
8. My sister and I both cried during Pandora’s wedding. Ken and Lisa just looked so proud and happy. It was so sweet.
9. Brand new Hunger Games trailer!!
10. It’s been really steamy and foggy for the past couple of weeks. I never realized how much fog creeps me out. That stupid Steven King movie did long term damage. This is the bay out my back door. Gross. It’s like constantly being covered with a wet wash rag. And if I wanted to live in Fog I would move to San Francisco where it would be chilly, I could walk around stuffing my face with fresh sourdough bread, ride trolleys while singing and pretending to be Esther Smith, and then go roll around in the grass with my golden retrievers in front of the Full House house. Sadly, I don’t live in SF, so I’m going to be pissy about it.
11. Dear billionaires of America. I am available for adoption.
12. The Gloss has a great article on the idea that going without make-up does not make someone brave. A-mother effing-men. Firefighters are brave, defenders of human rights are brave, soldiers are brave, going into dangerous and hostile areas to provide medical care to people is brave. Skipping lip gloss and mascara is not brave. Yes, it’s going against a social norm and it may be hard to give up something to which you are accustomed, but your life and human rights are not in danger.