I decided that today I would give a list of things that are currently bringing me some amount of joy.
1. It’s Friday and tomorrow is Saturday and Saturday means sleep.
2. The toenail from the toe I smashed with a can of apple pie filling is still attached. I made it through the summer with a toenail. I’m very pleased about this.
3. Last month I sent sad Canadian Lindsey a box of Reese’s Oreos because for some reason the evil Oreo empire hates Canada and didn’t release them to be sold there. Much to my overwhelming delight, I received this incredible box of goodies from her this week:
I can attest that all of those cookies are absolutely delicious. Those maple cookies are everything. I need to buy some Nutella because that seems like a heavenly combo. Thanks Lindsey, you’re the best!
4. I get to go a toddler’s birthday party on Sunday and see lots of sweet babies and sassy little toddlers. I’m overly excited about this. I just love stealing (“holding”) other people’s babies.
5. Today is the first day of August which means there are only about 2.5 months of summer left. This summer has been hot, but not nearly as terrible as past years so far. We haven’t had 30 straight days of 100+ degree heat and that’s a win in my book.
6. I added an Austin tab at the top! I receive emails every now and then from people coming to visit and asking what I’ve done or where I’ve eaten. I certainly still welcome the emails, but now you check there too and get information in a quicker and much less long-winded way.
I’m not claiming to be an expert and there is so much I haven’t yet done yet, but this is a list in case you were wondering where I’ve been eating since I have such a distinguished palate.
7. Tonight I’m going to see Ray LaMontagne play at the Long Center. I am so excited as I have been waiting to see him in concert for almost a decade (for some reason Lubbock and Corpus Christi weren’t on his previous tour stops and then he just didn’t tour at all for like six years or something terrible).
This is really great timing because, as I’ve said before, he is the soundtrack to my feelings and I have so many of them now. His new album is especially lovely.
8. Prince Harry has been looking seriously foxy the past few weeks. I sure wish he would give ol’ grandpa Will some advice on how jeans should fit.
9. The only way Boyhood could have been improved: Potterhood.
That gave me tears.